Would you like to contribute to the direction and development of shoulder and elbow surgery and take part in an ongoing exchange of information, knowledge and expertise?
There are two categories of membership available:
- Allied Health Professional (AHP)
Members will benefit from the following:
- Free subscription to the BESS Shoulder & Elbow journal
- Access to an excellent preferential subscription of the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery (JSES)
- Reduced registration fees for our annual meeting and instructional courses
- Access to our fellowship scheme; pump priming grants; survey circulation
- Opportunity to host an annual meeting, join one of our committees or get involved in our research initiatives
- Voting rights at our Annual General Meeting (AGM)
How to become a member
Applications for membership are considered each year at the annual general meeting (AGM). Applications must be submitted for the attention of the Honorary Secretary and received no later than 12 noon on the day of the AGM. A link to the application form can be found on your right.
In order for your application to be considered it must be supported by two current members of the society, one of whom must be in attendance at the AGM. Applications are only considered after attendance at an annual meeting.
Your completed form; an abridged version of your CV should be submitted online HERE; and your completed direct debit mandate (for UK based applicants only) should be posted to our office at the Royal College of Surgeons, 35-43 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PN. Alternatively it can be handed in to the BESS stand at the annual meeting before the 12 noon deadline on the day of the AGM.
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS FOR 2019 WILL OPEN HERE IN FEBRUARY 2019
Our fees are payable annually on 6 April. All UK members must pay by direct debit. International members who do not have access to a UK bank account can pay by worldpay.
The fees for 2019 are:
- Surgeon £190
- Allied Health Professional £140