The Education Committee is made up of ten BESS members and is a mix of Surgical and AHP representatives. It has a number of aims and responsibilities which include:
- Judging papers presented at the annual meeting
- Awarding prizes at the annual meeting
- Interviewing those who have applied for a fellowship award
- Organising the content and structure of BESS instructional courses
In addition to this, in the past few years the committee has been responsible for developing PBAs for shoulder and elbow surgery as well as having input into the new curriculum. They are also developing a new educational tool for diagnostic shoulder arthroscopy.
COMMITTEE VACANCIES 2017
Are you interested in furthering education in Shoulder and Elbow surgery? Do you have ideas for improving shoulder and Elbow Education? Are you willing to take projects through to completion?
This role will involve attendance at two all day meetings per year. You must have the willingness to share in the judging of papers and posters at BESS conference and be keen to take on projects and see them through to completion. The current Chairman is Martin Holt.
Applications are invited for three vacant posts: x1 Surgeon; x2 AHP. All to start from June 2017.
Application process: Application on ONE page by email to email@example.com. In your application please specify:
- Your experience of teaching and training in Shoulder and Elbow surgery (e.g. lectures given, courses run)
- Contribution to Shoulder and Elbow surgery including any innovative ideas you have taken to completion
- Evidence of taking a medical project from the raw idea to fully functioning project and how you overcame any barriers (to be a medical project but can be in or out of shoulder and elbow surgery)
- Any specific skills you can bring to the education committee that you think would enhance the function of the committee.
Post term: Three years from June 2017
Closing date: 23:59, Friday 26 May 2017